I live in a two bed, two bath 800 square feet apartment. My roommate is never home. I believe she is with her boyfriend or family most days. All I know is that she is super not home right now. This means I have had a two bed, two bath 800 square feet to myself for over 50 hours straight.
By Monday morning, my curiosity had explored every wall, nook, and cranny that I felt was mine in this apartment. I needed to venture into other spaces.
I opened the door to my roommate's bathroom to see how a come-and-go dweller fills the area. There I saw an immaculate scene; lavender-scented foaming hand soap filled to the brim and a healthy roll of toilet paper.
I was secondhandedly indignant for this bathroom. It is clean and completely furnished with essentials and yet it is hardly occupied. It is literally taking up signficant square footage in atoms, waiting for its purpose to be known.
I don't know of a luxurious scenario now or in my future where I would have two bathrooms fully accessible and at my disposal. I began to see the opportunity to live a little grandly.
Today, my thrill was to use her bathroom to sit, think, and be put on hold with Spectrum on her toilet. I don't take for granted my assertive rip from the roll nor the pump of foaming floral cleansing liquid into my welcoming hands. I dabbed my hands on her fluffy pink towel then glided over into my own bathroom to do my makeup.
Sadly, my life with two bathrooms comes to an end next week. My current roommate moves out and will be replaced by someone who intends to use the space. But every bathroom deserves a dependable bum. Happy to do my part when I can.

Comments
Post a Comment